Are You Looking for an Emergency Heating or Cooling Solution?
They are both at coffee shops.
They are 12 hours apart, but they are both at coffee shops.
Your younger daughter is a freshman in college and Thursdays are the day when she packs ups her books and goes to a local coffee shop to study for the day. She likes to be alone, but surrounded by people. Your older daughter completed her undergraduate degree last May and is now in an accelerated nursing program. This semester Thursdays are her community health class. This week her group met at a coffee shop near campus to then be disbursed to different areas in the city for health census observations.
Although your younger daughter is a 12 hour drive away, you find comfort that at least she and your older daughter, who is in town, are at least starting their days the same way.
College can serve as a time for adjustment for the students themselves, as well as their parents. Adjusting to being away from home, learning how to manage schedules, and finding the right path toward a career are just a few of the challenges that are a part of the college experience. Every version of this experience, however, is a step toward independence.
College Accommodations Are Not Always Easy Transitions
In addition to finding the coffee shop a tasty place to study, your younger daughter is also using this space as a way to stay cool. With a broken air conditioner in her dorms, the southern days are long, hot, and sticky. She has looked up “portable air conditioner rental near me,” but the dorm staff has indicated that the older electrical system in the building will not support individual temporary cooling units.
Most Americans are creatures of comfort and when a heating or cooling system fails the problems can seem unbearable. In fact, there are some places in the country where the failure of a heating or cooling system is not only uncomfortable, but dangerous. Fortunately, there are times when dehumidifier rentals, propane heater rentals, and other options can provide the temporary solutions that many people need.
In addition to comfort and safety, there are also studies that show workers actually get more work done when they are in the right environments. For instance, according to a study by Cornell University, productivity levels are highest at a temperature of 71.6 degrees. For this reason there are many times when large office buildings do not allow thermostats to be individually controlled. When an overall system fails, however, the need for portable air conditioner rental near me or emergency heating options are needed.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when temporary or emergency heating or cooling is needed:
- A relative humidity measuring less than 50% can help remove indoor allergens, according to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology.
- Consistent controlled ventilation is mandatory in spaces larger than 500 square feet with an average of 25 people or more for every 1,000 square feet.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards mandate that the minimum indoor workplace temperature is 68 degrees and the maximum is 76 degrees. There are no temperature control standards, obviously, for businesses that operate outdoors.
- Improving indoor air quality may help increase workplace performance and productivity by 6% to 9%, according to research by the National Center for Biotechnology Information.
- Heat exhaustion is one of three heat-related syndromes, with heat cramps being the mildest and heat stroke being the most extreme.
- People need immediate cooling and urgent medical attention if the core body temperature reaches 104 F (40 C) or higher.
What Is the Cost of Portable Air Conditioner Rental Near Me?
Like many things in life, emergency heating and cooling options are often subject to supply and demand. As a result, there are many times when the comfort that you need will come with a pretty high price tag. Understanding the options for portable air conditioner rental near meetings large venues, however, allows you to plan in advance for some situations. A college student with a broken air conditioner, however, may have fewer options! Fortunately, many problems with heat and cold are somewhat temporary conditions that can change as quickly as the weather.