Why Window Tinting Can Be Very Beneficial For Your Home
For those who hate the glare of the sun while they’re driving and want less sun coming in through the windows, there is auto tint glass for cars. With this auto glass and window tint available for vehicles of all types, it’s easy to get the tint that you want from a company that is well-versed in how to tint windows without any bubbles or other mistakes. Window tinting companies can change the look of your windows and keep them from letting in too much sunlight.
The available auto tint shades from these companies are generally made for safety as well as darkening. An auto tinting service near me should know exactly the percentage of darkening that your windows can have in order to stay legal. It’s important to stay within those legal parameters. If you get too much of a tint, it’s not only dangerous, but it also will get you pulled over and possibly ticketed. Then, you’ll have to spend money to redo the tint with something lighter. Having tinted windows isn’t just about the sun- many people do it because they want the privacy that it brings them while they’re driving with darkened windows.
When the weather is nice, there’s nothing better than looking out your front window at the birds and trees and passersby. It can even be fun looking out the window on a rainy day.
But sometimes you just want your privacy and you don’t want the sun streaming in full blast into your house. When you’re looking for other options for your windows, window tinting might be the way to go. It can protect your furniture from sun damage, give you the privacy you’re looking for and give you some more options when it comes to shading. Let’s further examine some of those benefits:
- Protection from the sun: There are many benefits of sunlight to be sure, but UV rays can be damaging. At least 50% of UV rays can pass through windows, but with window tinting, nearly all of radiation can be blocked and you can still enjoy the sun’s rays.
- Protection for furniture: Furniture is one of the biggest purchases a homeowner can make, but sun exposure can cause a lot of damage. With automatic window tinting technology, you can protect your furniture and keep your windows open.
- Staying safe: When it comes to feeling safe a home, automatic window tinting can do wonders. It not only gives you privacy, but it also makes your windows stronger and better equipped to handle any attempted break-ins.
- Privacy: Getting window tinting installed not only allows light to come into a home, but it obscures the inside of your home to anyone who happens to be lurking. This makes you feel safer and gives you the privacy you might be craving.
- Decoration: Window tint, believe it or not, can also be used to decorate windows. This can also be done in offices, in stores or in conference rooms. It’s easy to do and it’s durable, so it will look great and stay intact.
- Energy efficiency: Window tint blocks nearly 80% of solar heat, which means folks can have cooler rooms in their house while also saving on energy bills. In fact, you could save up to 40% on your utility bill by tinting your windows.
If you’re really looking to tint your windows and you want to go all out, you might want to consider switchable glass. When it comes to automatic window tinting technology, switchable glass is one of the latest advances in technology.
Switchable glass, switchable privacy film or smart glass is glass that changes when light, electricity or heat is applied to it. Essentially, you get to control the amount of light that goes through it. The benefits of smart glass and automatic window tinting technology include:
- No more blinds: By installing switchable privacy film or smart glass, you don’t have to buy blinds again. This is because smart glass allows you to easily switch from light to dark or vice versa in any room where it’s installed. With automatic window tinting technology, you can control the amount of dimness of the glass as well.
- Saving money: Installing darker curtains or shades works fine if you’re looking to control the amount of sun coming into your home, but most times light still comes in and rooms get hot. Fortunately with smart glass, you can save money on utility bills and better control how much light comes into your home or whichever room you happen to be in.
- Sun protection: As previously mentioned, the sun can wreak serious havoc on your furniture without proper protection. Again, this is where smart glass and smart windows are beneficial. It can block UV rays, it can protect your furniture and it can protect your skin (yes, you can get a sunburn even while in your home if you’re sitting in front of a window).
Between sun protection, lower utility bills and lots of privacy, there’s plenty of benefit to tinting your windows with curtains, shades, switchable glass or dimmable windows. No longer will you have to worry about closing the blinds on a sunny day. With switchable glass, you can let the light stream in as much as you want or dim the glass if you want more shade or more privacy.