Seven Ways To Pull Off A Successful Bathroom Remodel
The bathroom is one of the more popular rooms to remodel, especially for those who want to sell their house. This is because the bathrooms and kitchens offer the best return on investment after renovating. Not only that, but bathroom remodels can make for a kind of peaceful retreat in your own house.
A nice hot shower or bath after a long day is a good treat. At this point, you may be wondering what the average cost of remodeling a bathroom per square foot is. You can expect to pay $120 to $275 per square foot. The variance will is due to the quality of materials you use and labor costs.
How about the average cost to fit a bathroom? If it is an existing space, that would be in the region of $5,000 to $35,000. However, if it’s just the average cost to remodel a bathroom shower, that can range from $2000 to $9000 depending on materials, labor, and shower size.
Have a look online, and you’ll surely get some bathroom restoration ideas that you won’t want to wait to try out.
If you want to renovate a single room in your home, your bathroom is an excellent choice. You’ll get a lot of use out of it while keeping your costs contained to a relatively small space. The average price of a bathroom renovation is much smaller than that of a kitchen or entire home makeover. You can do it yourself or you can hire bathroom renovation services to come in and do it for you. While the average price to remodel small bathroom with a company will be higher, you’ll likely save money on repairs in the future. You’ll be sure that everything was done correctly, something that might not be possible if you do the work yourself.
The average renovation cost bathroom will depend on what you’re changing. If you want to change the location of your toilet or shower, you’ll need to pay to change the plumbing. However, you can remodel the shower where it is in order to transform the room. The average price of shower remodel will depend on what you want, so look around for good ideas.
There are many reasons why you might want to remodel your bathroom. A lot of people think that the way a bathroom looks is not necessarily important, but the truth is that a lot of people spend a lot of time in here and probably should have a room that they actually enjoy looking at. You might also be interested in selling your home, and you might want to modernize certain rooms to be appealing to buyers.
If you do not have a lot of experience with bathroom remodeling, you might want to talk to different bathroom remodeling contractors to see what they have to offer. They can give you valuable advice when it comes to the affordable bathroom decor and also tell you about what the process entails. Additionally, because the budget is often an important consideration when it comes to these types of projects, you might have questions about certain costs. For example, you might wonder about the average cost of 5×7 bathroom remodel, the average cost of new bathroom installation, the average cost to build a new bathroom, and others. A professional would be able to answer these questions for you and potentially come to your home and help you create the bathroom you want.
If you’re a homeowner, you know that every room in your house serves a purpose. The kitchen is where you go to eat, the bedroom is where you go to sleep and the living room is where you go to relax. But depending on your perspective, the most important room in your house might just be the bathroom.
Don’t believe it? The average American is estimated to spend more than an hour and a half in the bathroom each week and more than 90 days over the course of a lifetime. Regardless of how much time one spends in there, there’s no denying the bathroom is an important room.
That means when it comes to home remodeling projects, the bathroom is one of the first rooms to undergo a makeover. Bathroom additions are estimated to over an average of 86.4% ROI, so bathroom remodeling companies are kept pretty busy with all the requests they get. So whether you’re thinking of doing a totally new bathroom design or simply sprucing things up, there’s no shortage of options when it comes to livening up a bathroom.
If you’re picturing a bathroom design in your head and are going to make some changes as a DIY project, here are some helpful tips to help you along the way:
- Have a plan: It doesn’t matter whether you’re ripping up everything and going with a whole new bathroom design or doing simple things like updating cabinets or putting in new flooring or new shower heads, you need to have a plan. Why? A plan helps you focus on what you’re trying to accomplish.
- Leave plumbing alone: Let’s face it: everyone who doesn’t a bathroom remodel wants their bathroom to look amazing. But that doesn’t mean you have to do away with everything. With that in mind, it’s best to leave plumbing alone as you work on your bathroom design. Why? It’s tricky to take out and install new plumbing, not to mention it’s very costly. If you have a budget for your project, this is one battle you don’t need to fight.
- Don’t touch the toilet: Along those same lines, leave the toilet alone. A lot of times you make “upgrades” to your toilet by replacing the lid and seat and adding some potpourri on the back of it to make it look new.
- Invest in furniture: There’s no doubt furniture can be costly to add to any room. But picking out a few quality pieces that fit the décor and space in your bathroom can add a little something special. Maybe it’s a chair or a stool or even a small chest of drawers. They can liven it up and help hide some of your bathroom’s rough edges.
- Add a mirrors: If you want something to liven up a room as you do your bathroom design, adding a mirror can add a lot of character. Putting one in the right spot helps fill space and gives you a chance to check yourself out as you’re getting ready in the morning.
- Add shelves: If you’re a neat-freak, the thought of a messy clutter bathroom is likely enough to make you let out a big sigh of worry. Rather than doing that, keep things organized by adding some shelving units. As you go through executing your bathroom design, you can’t go wrong with shelves that store your towels, toiletries and other essentials.
- Get rid of tile: If installing new flooring is part of your remodeling plan, there are plenty of options aside from standard tile flooring. You can try things like wood paneling and tile-like options which can give your bathroom a fresh look.
Once again, there’s no wrong way to pull off the perfect bathroom redecorating or remodeling project. The sky is the limit when it comes to bathroom design ideas and the only thing stopping you from putting in everything you want might be your wallet. Regardless of how big or small your project is, you’ll give your bathroom a fresh look, get a bigger return on investment and be pleased with what you’ve accomplished, the same as if you pulled off a kitchen remodeling project.